Articles on this Page
- 08/01/06--03:33: _Does anyone remembe...
- 08/03/06--04:15: _Why I like trains……...
- 08/03/06--15:53: _Mel Gibson may not ...
- 08/04/06--04:52: _Funny things to see...
- 08/05/06--05:00: _Hanabi……..
- 08/06/06--04:33: _Gen baku no hi……….....
- 08/08/06--03:44: _Electoral foolishne...
- 08/09/06--05:26: _Curve balls…..
- 08/10/06--06:23: _The ultimate conspi...
- 08/12/06--05:14: _Another blogless da...
- 08/12/06--21:20: _Speaking of air tra...
- 08/13/06--07:17: _Quick notes
- 08/15/06--03:38: _Liberation day……
- 08/17/06--03:54: _Not seeing the fore...
- 08/18/06--01:41: _No time to post!
- 08/19/06--06:47: _Not in the mood!
- 08/21/06--07:30: _I’m still here you ...
- 08/23/06--06:30: _Random musings………
- 08/24/06--05:22: _The most boring job...
- 08/26/06--18:28: _In the middle
- 08/01/06--03:33: Does anyone remember the Middle East War that really matters?
- 08/03/06--04:15: Why I like trains…………..reason 134…..
- 08/03/06--15:53: Mel Gibson may not think this is funny…..
- 08/04/06--04:52: Funny things to see……and read!
- 08/05/06--05:00: Hanabi……..
- 08/06/06--04:33: Gen baku no hi………..August 6th, 1945- Hiroshima.
- 08/08/06--03:44: Electoral foolishness………..
- 08/09/06--05:26: Curve balls…..
- 08/10/06--06:23: The ultimate conspiracy theory………..
- 08/12/06--05:14: Another blogless day………
- 08/12/06--21:20: Speaking of air travel!
- 08/13/06--07:17: Quick notes
- 08/15/06--03:38: Liberation day……
- 08/17/06--03:54: Not seeing the forest for the trees………
- 08/18/06--01:41: No time to post!
- 08/19/06--06:47: Not in the mood!
- 08/21/06--07:30: I’m still here you greasy bastards..!
- 08/23/06--06:30: Random musings………
- 08/24/06--05:22: The most boring job in the world………
- 08/26/06--18:28: In the middle
In watching the news networks in the last few days, I (and others) have been amazed at how the little fracas in Iraq has been shoved off the radar screen. Consider ( courtesy of the Duck…) this fact: CNN will surely remind us today that it is Day 19 of the Israel-Hezbollah war – now […]
In this new job, I have to drive to various locations in and around the Kanto plain. So I sold my old car and bought a reasonably nice one. Plus, because I do go out in the car, vice just taking the train, I and the S.O. decided we should have a second car. Today […]
But I do. Hongkie Town Redux: Bad Timing? Now that is funny!
Out and about town that is. Having gotten our cars all properly registered, we decided to put them to some use this evening. Out to Kura sushi for dinner. ( All plates 105 yen!). After gorging myself on 15 plates ( and thus tying my previous record….), I rolled out the door so as to […]
Today was a reasonably good day. I got up on the assumption that I was going to play golf el solo lobo. As I was making coffee at about 5:50 am I heard rumblings from the S.O.’s direction in our room. Now mind you, we had agreed that I would go early so I could […]
Today is August 6th. The 61′st anniversary of the atomic bomb released on Hiroshima. Gen baku (??) is Japanese for atomic bomb. As you might expect there has been a lot of coverage on the various TV networks including bell ringing at the hour of the attack. The history is of course well documented: August […]
First, its primary election day in the US in 5 states. In two, Georgia and Connecticut, the incumbents are in trouble. For the record I am hoping both lose. Cythnia McKinney because she is a moron, Joe Lieberman because he needs to be the victim in a bigger cause: sending George Bush a message that […]
Keep getting thrown my way…….. My trip to Korea which is going to last almost a month has been moved up to this weekend. Blogging will be problematic, so we’ll see how the posting goes. McKinney lost………… Anybody want to bet a beer she blames on white people? (Even though her opponent is black). Lieberman […]
Have been watching the news all evening about the arrests in England and break up of a plot to plant bombs on airliners enroute to the US from Heathrow. I can particulalry relate to the scene of the crowds at Heathrow since that airport is ill equipped to accomodate them. I spent 4 hours in […]
Traveling was every bit the pain in the ass I expected it to be…even on JAL. The flight to Korea is a short one however. The Bus ride from Incheon though…..well that is another story. Incheon is a beautiful airport. Normal fal-de ral getting through immigration et al. Then finding and getting on the bus […]
Steeljaw Scribe has a nice clip that reminds me of what I dreamed air travel was, but is not. The video at the link hearkens back to the days when service was important, stewardesses were pretty, and in light of the London plot, air travel was probably safer. Check it out.
Went up to Seoul today to pick up a colleague. The airport was a nut house! I really need to learn to read Hangul. I feel just like I did when I first came to Japan over here. Korean appears to grammatically like Japanese, but phonetically nothing like it. And the words Sumi da must […]
Today is a holiday in Korea. Its Korean Independence day. And for those of you keeping score, its the 61′st anniversary of the Japanese surrender. They lost the war…..or did they? There was a period of time when Americans actually thought that. That Japan was actually fighting the US on a different front, the economic […]
Busy time here in Korea. Plus I’m in a real funk. Things are not working out on the project the way they should be. And I have 3 + weeks to go. Its more than the project, its life in general. I get up in the AM and go do what I need to do. […]
But not to bust to forget beer and babes. And not forget my favorite babe, Mrs Bacon who is waiting for me to price that cheap imitation tokidoki purse. Its on tonights agenda, unless my recently discovered, favorite female bartender pours too many of these down me: Thanks to General Bell and his predecessor, I […]
I’m still here and still in a funk. Its got me just fit to be tied. Had to do some work today a lot more tomorrow. Nothing to see here my children, except for a sad man tonight. Move along to any of the links on the right side.
I was very busy today. In at 6 am and out at 9 pm. Too tired to post anything long. However I did here an interesting theory during all the chaos today. “The only nation that wants a united Korea is the United States.” The person then went on to explain that S. Korea really […]
Another long day. Who came up with this idea? Oh yea, me. Remind me to kick my self. Its been an interesting insight into the way our military does business these days. If I were a Flag officer I would go through my command center and rip out every VTC (Video teleconference) cable for 2-5 […]
Not like mine, which is the most mentally painful at the moment! For all the effort they are taking to simulate the war, makes me wonder if we should just start it and get it over with………plus I spent 3+ hours trying to get databases sorted. One database that must be very small is that […]
Never underestimate the benefit of a good nights sleep. I slept both Friday night and last night for over 9 hours each. God, it felt good! Now today its back to the salt mines and 5 hours a night for another week. The higlight of my day is that moment I put the key in […]