Articles on this Page
- 08/28/06--05:42: _The war is simulate...
- 08/28/06--05:46: _The surrender decla...
- 08/29/06--06:14: _So why am I here?
- 08/30/06--07:19: _Lazy man’s post!
- 08/31/06--07:12: _My brain is full………..
- 09/01/06--04:22: _Fun’s fun, but I’m ...
- 09/01/06--22:11: _Animated discussion
- 09/02/06--18:48: _Me time…….
- 09/03/06--20:18: _There is a story th...
- 09/05/06--20:40: _Taking one for the ...
- 09/07/06--03:23: _First, a funny post...
- 09/07/06--05:57: _Should load faster ...
- 08/29/12--13:19: _Returning to the sc...
- 09/21/12--11:48: _Can’t lose in a cro...
- 12/11/12--13:23: _The cycle of mistakes
- 03/17/13--12:41: _Happy St. Patrick’s...
- 05/18/13--02:18: _A rare sunny day
- 09/17/13--12:22: _Random thoughts.
- 03/10/15--14:32: _Another orbit aroun...
- 03/17/15--00:47: _Happy St. Patricks ...
- 08/28/06--05:42: The war is simulated…..
- 08/28/06--05:46: The surrender declaration…..
- 08/29/06--06:14: So why am I here?
- 08/30/06--07:19: Lazy man’s post!
- 08/31/06--07:12: My brain is full………..
- 09/01/06--04:22: Fun’s fun, but I’m done!
- 09/01/06--22:11: Animated discussion
- 09/02/06--18:48: Me time…….
- 09/03/06--20:18: There is a story there……..
- 09/05/06--20:40: Taking one for the team, part II-dodging the bullet……..
- 09/07/06--03:23: First, a funny post………..
- 09/07/06--05:57: Should load faster now.
- 08/29/12--13:19: Returning to the scene of the crime.
- 09/21/12--11:48: Can’t lose in a crowd….
- 12/11/12--13:23: The cycle of mistakes
- 03/17/13--12:41: Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- 05/18/13--02:18: A rare sunny day
- 09/17/13--12:22: Random thoughts.
- 03/10/15--14:32: Another orbit around the sun.
- 03/17/15--00:47: Happy St. Patricks Day!
But the buffoonery is real! Saw that on a patch today. I just had to buy one.
As I pointed out yesterday the Navy is making a huge push for diversity. Friend of mine showed me a brief the guys in the surface Navy put together. Its one of those “health of the community briefs” that talks about where the community is going. By the looks of one slide, it is going […]
According to the Donald: “U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld says he does not see North Korea as an immediate military threat to South Korea.” For the hours I am putting in I could be out playing golf if this is true. Subscribe in a reader
I got back early this evening. So after an hour of watching TV , I said, “screw it!” So I snuck out to my favorite little watering hole, to sit at the bar and admire the bartender and her strapless bra…..(beneath a revealing top). Now I’m back and off to bed. But not before I […]
I’m fried. I have some great thoughts about the good Mr Rumsfeld’s speech yesterday. Don Rumsfeld seems to think that I am facist sympathiser because I think the war in Iraq is not in the long term national interest. So when this farce of an exercise ends, I’ll pass along my thoughts. I’ll give you […]
Today was about as happy as having a root canal. The place where I was working was bound determined to bleed every bit of pain out of every indvidual here. Never mind that at the outlying sites, the folks were packing it in early and folding like a cheap suit. Not us! We stayed for […]
Over at Lex’s place, there is a fascinating arguement discussion going on about the war in Iraq. A British writer, OD , has decided to get in the ring and mix it up with a former fighter pilot. Lots of good issues raised on both sides of the aisle. There is one piece of though […]
Just like Dick Cheney, I’m blogging from an undisclosed location. Taking of couple of days just for myself in a place I like. Sitting here drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. Speaking of reading, I have been doing some on the plane here. Thought I would share some of the articles for your viewing pleasure. […]
That’s what I used to say when I saw something that did not look quite right. Like when you see a totally gorgeous girl with an overweight older man. True love? Probably not. Currency exchange? Maybe. There is a story there. Yesterday went and had lunch at one of my favorite watering holes. This was […]
Back in February, I posted about Princess Kiko. Kiko-sama had patriotically become pregnant and so gave the royal family one more chance to get a male heir to the throne. Today she helped a whole host of people in the Imperial household breathe easier……she gave birth to a boy. Bottom of the 9th, 2 out, […]
I’m in a very down mood tonight. I’ve been down all day….one could almost say I’m depressed, but I don’t get depressed. I just get angry, horny then drunk. That way I pass out before depression………… Lots of reasons for this, mostly war, politics, and work related. However there are also other reasons today. Reason […]
The blog has been slow to load and I finally found out why. My Jedi quiz source site has gone away……damn. FIxed the sight and am actively seeking a witty substitute. Please stand by. Subscribe in a reader
Tomorrow I will get on an airplane and fly to sunny Palma de Majorca. I am going back to pay my respects to a whole lot of dead brain cells I killed in that port in various port visits during my mis-spent youth. I have not been there since 1995. Palma was my first ever […]
Back in the bad old days, before cell phones, e-mail, VTC's and women on warships-people used to amuse themselves ashore with dice games in bars. I was thinking about those games, and those days tonight. As I may have mentioned before, I love bars. All kinds of bars. Dive bars, high brow bars-in between bars. […]
I have been keeping in touch with friends in Japan, listening to them tell all about the complete stupidity of VADM Swift: While the specific recommendations that were developed as part of the summit are reviewed, additional, temporary measures will remain in place in addition to the U.S. Forces Japan curfew, an 11 p.m. […]
There has been little free time of late-between the preparations for a fairly large meeting this week-made more complex because of the sequester and the rape of our travel money; my Hebrew classes and the general nonsense. It has meant I have had to put together a string of electronic video conferences. That's some thing […]
Two weeks ago the sun actually saw fit to make an appearance here. The S.O. and I decided to take advantage of it and go walking through the woods behind our house and to the nearby town of Waldenbuch. Who, unbeknown to us, was having the festival celebrating their 650th birthday. Here are some pictures […]
When I think of yesterday's events. First of all, I hate it when someone prescribes, based on their own social conventions and biases, how exactly I am supposed to feel and react to such a horrific event. My values are not your values. So you will forgive me if I don't react in exactly the manner […]
Today is my birthday which in the grand scheme of things is not really important-and tomorrow is the 4TH anniversary of the Tohoku Tsunami which is. If had not given up booze for lent ( and believe me I think its a big mistake tonight)-I would probably be drunk off my ass tonight and not […]
May the luck of the Irish be with you. And me these women rise up to meet you: Toast you friends with a pint of Guinness; And remember, its just a Tuesday-you will still have the weekend to do it all over again.