Articles on this Page
- 08/29/12--13:19: _Returning to the sc...
- 09/21/12--11:48: _Can’t lose in a cro...
- 12/11/12--13:23: _The cycle of mistakes
- 03/17/13--12:41: _Happy St. Patrick’s...
- 05/18/13--02:18: _A rare sunny day
- 09/17/13--12:22: _Random thoughts.
- 05/15/12--14:30: _Fruhlingsfest
- 05/24/12--02:58: _My advice is to sta...
- 08/02/12--12:51: _The Olympics drinki...
- 04/21/12--04:35: _Be careful what you...
- 08/29/12--13:19: Returning to the scene of the crime.
- 09/21/12--11:48: Can’t lose in a crowd….
- 12/11/12--13:23: The cycle of mistakes
- 03/17/13--12:41: Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- 05/18/13--02:18: A rare sunny day
- 09/17/13--12:22: Random thoughts.
- 05/15/12--14:30: Fruhlingsfest
- 05/24/12--02:58: My advice is to start drinking heavily……..
- 08/02/12--12:51: The Olympics drinking game
- 04/21/12--04:35: Be careful what you wish for……
Tomorrow I will get on an airplane and fly to sunny Palma de Majorca. I am going back to pay my respects to a whole lot of dead brain cells I killed in that port in various port visits during my mis-spent youth. I have not been there since 1995. Palma was my first ever […]
Back in the bad old days, before cell phones, e-mail, VTC's and women on warships-people used to amuse themselves ashore with dice games in bars. I was thinking about those games, and those days tonight. As I may have mentioned before, I love bars. All kinds of bars. Dive bars, high brow bars-in between bars. […]
I have been keeping in touch with friends in Japan, listening to them tell all about the complete stupidity of VADM Swift: While the specific recommendations that were developed as part of the summit are reviewed, additional, temporary measures will remain in place in addition to the U.S. Forces Japan curfew, an 11 p.m. […]
There has been little free time of late-between the preparations for a fairly large meeting this week-made more complex because of the sequester and the rape of our travel money; my Hebrew classes and the general nonsense. It has meant I have had to put together a string of electronic video conferences. That's some thing […]
Two weeks ago the sun actually saw fit to make an appearance here. The S.O. and I decided to take advantage of it and go walking through the woods behind our house and to the nearby town of Waldenbuch. Who, unbeknown to us, was having the festival celebrating their 650th birthday. Here are some pictures […]
When I think of yesterday's events. First of all, I hate it when someone prescribes, based on their own social conventions and biases, how exactly I am supposed to feel and react to such a horrific event. My values are not your values. So you will forgive me if I don't react in exactly the manner […]
On Sunday-the S.O. and I went to a the Stuttgart Spring Fesitval in Bad Cannstaat. ( Where the Porsche company is headquartered). Took the train which thus allowed consumption of mass quantities of German Beer. What's not to like about that? On the way there, we first stopped in Stuttgart and walked down Konigstrasse-where they [...]
As Sam Kinison once said, " These fucking bastards–GET OFF OF OUR BACKS!" The Navy will kick off its Breathalyzer beta test on Thursday at 13 commands. The tests, which include the U.S. Fleet Forces Command staff and 12 other units, were announced Wednesday. Rear Adm. Mark D. Guadagnini, FFC’s deputy commander for fleet management, [...]
No reason you can't set your own records while watching the Olympics. And one benefit of being able to watch the Olympics on BBC-is half these items are never said by British announcers. For those of you stuck with Bob Costas…….well, it sucks to be you. Drink up!
Well might as well beat the dead horse some more. About the Secret Service "scandal"-which is not a scandal really, but a minor incident that has been blown WAY OUT OF PROPOROTION. The New York Post is printing pictures of some of the girls in question-wonder how much they paid for those-and rummaging through agent's [...]